Distance Learning Expectations for Mrs. Bang's Classes
We are all in unprecedented times right now with many new experiences. This distance learning is one thing that I hope will be a good experience with quality learning occurring. Things will be changing as I gather new ideas and possibly find that some tactics just don’t work. Communication will be very important. If you have questions about expectations or just are having problems meeting a deadline or completing an assignment please let me know. We are all in this together.
- Each student is assigned a homeroom. You must contact your homeroom teacher by 11:30 each day for attendance or you will be counted absent.
- It will be easiest to contact me via email or Google Classroom, but may available by phone as well during office hours.
Changes from Regular Classroom to Online Classroom
- Notes - As with our time in class prior to being out of school, you are still expected to take notes throughout distance learning. Obviously I won't be grading these the same way, but WILL still grade them when I check your notebooks at the end of a chapter. It will be in your best interest to continue note taking for two reasons: 1. If/when regular classes resume and 2. For reference while taking a quiz or test or just for future use.
- Daily Homework- This will look different than it has in the past, as well. We will still attempt to do notebook activites, but some will need to be modified. I may be having you do some reading of short, on topic Newsela articles and take quizzes with them for daily points. These will be done through Google Classroom, as well.
- Quizzes and Tests- You may still have a test for each chapter and these will likely be open notebook, which is another reason to keep on top of that work!
- I intend, at this point, using Google Classroom for all assignments and learning materials.
- I will post assignments that you can work on throughout the week, on your own time.
- Approximately 2-3 assignments will be posted each week.
- ALL assignments on Google Classroom will be posted with a due date on it.
- Any assignments that need to be turned in must have your name and the title of the assignment. It should NOT be “Untitled document”. As you do more of your school work online, you need to keep your electronic work organized and titles will help!
- Example: Minnie Mouse - The Atmosphere INB Activity or Weather Test - Mickey Mouse
- Google Classroom has plenty of communication tools we can use to continue learning during the closure.
- Please, please, please utilize these communication avenues in Google Classroom
- Google Hangouts/Meet: If you prefer to learn by someone explaining it, we can set up a time over Google Hangouts to go over the material or assignment so you can understand it better. PLEASE, if you set up a Hangout/Meet time with me, put reminders in your phone and around your house to remember!
- Mrs. Bang's Office Hours:
Monday-Friday - 8:30-11:30am and 12:30-3:00pm
If you try to contact me outside of these hours, I will respond as quickly as I can during my next set of office hours.
Communicating via email is NOT the same as snapchat, instagram, or tik-tok.
- Make sure to use proper capitalization, punctuation, and grammar.
- Please be POLITE and KIND with your words.
- REVIEW what you wrote to make sure it sounds polite, kind, and makes sense.
- Use complete sentences! No phrases or abbreviations or an unnecessary amount of letters in your words.