The following information is to let you know what is expected of you in the classroom. I expect you to be familiar with these expectations and that you will be prepared for class each day. Feel free to approach me if you have any questions or concerns.
NOTHING WILL BE ALLOWED THAT INTERFERES WITH THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE TEACHER TO TEACH AND THE RIGHT OF THE STUDENT TO LEARN.
- All conduct and procedures of the SSC handbook are to be followed at all times.
- Be in your seat when the bell rings and have all necessary materials with you (pen/pencil, notebook, textbook, calculator, etc.)
- Students should pay attention and participate in class discussions, note-taking, labs, and any other classroom activities.
- Students must have permission to leave the assigned class area.
- During labs, students will not be allowed to engage in any dangerous activity.
- Removal from class and/or detention.
*Aviolation of the safety rules and contract or conduct unacceptable in the lab will result in immediate removal from class. The third safety violation will result in permanent removal from classroom lab activities.
*You will be expected to pay for any damages caused in the classroom and lab.
- All assignments must include your NAME!!!
- Assignments are due on the date indicated unless cleared by the teacher in advance. Late assignments will lose approximately 10% each day that it’s late.
- Students have two days to make up missed work due to an excused absence.
- Grades will be based on the total number of points earned for the quarter and can be monitored via the JMC parent portal on the school website.
- Grades are based on daily assignments, labs, papers, quizzes, tests, projects, etc.
- A limited amount of extra credit will be available.
- Cheating will earn an automatic zero and the work may not be made up. Parents will be contacted if cheating occurs during an evaluation.